mandag 15. april 2013

Stavangerstevnet - 13-14.04.2013


"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." - Barack Obama

The second competition of the season... How to capture the feeling I have about how things are going at the moment with Leija and me???
We had another great weekend in the agility ring. This time it was back at our home club, Sør-Rogaland Brukshundklubb, and it was the Swiss judge Bea Tanner who was in charge of the courses.

On Saturday we started with Agility, and the course was a fun, fast-flowing running course which presented a few challenges that I feel we handled in a good way. Video of the run is below:



Second course of the day was a very fun jumping course that we definately NAILED!!!! We basically beat everyone.. And what a great feeling that was. And finally I'm starting to relax in the course, and stop caring if I disqualify or if it turns out in a different way than I planned in the course walk. Video can be seen below:




On Sunday we had the same schedule as Saturday. In the first run, Agility 1, we disqualified because a stupid handler mistake after 5 obstacles, but I am super happy about the psycho speed that Leija is showing. I know that she is becoming more and more secure in her running and speed, because I am more calm and relaxed. I spend more time before every run working with Leija, and I make sure I spend time reqarding Leija after every run, regardless results. Of course things can be improved on, but I will focus on the positives, as that is what makes me want to practise harder :)

Unfortunately we haven't received the videos for our runs on Sunday, but the results and courses can be found below:

Agility 1:

Jumping 1:

Our list of runs complete with results are listed below:


Thanks for the read,
Tommy & Leija

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar