onsdag 29. mai 2013

Front cross problems?

Expect problems and eat them for breakfast. - Alfred A. Montapert
Things have been going forward very much the last few weeks, and I am sure people is starting to be sick of reading about it as well. But when Leija and me have experienced so many challenges the last two years, it's always good for me to show off that things are improving, at least in the rate I feel it's going.
We are so lucky to get external advice from great agility athletes and trainers, and after a nice Skype-conversation, we got a "few" points to work on:
  1. One of the biggest things; I need to stop turning my body towards Leija when she is coming down from contacts. Somehow I think during my handling that it would be a good thing to stop her during the contacts by turning my body. However, this is a BIG no-no from me. I need to stop this movement straight away.
  2. I bend my body too much in turning movements, making Leija react the wrong way to my handling and also giving her way too much turning radius then what she really needs. When I get my body straight, she reacts quicker and her turning becomes sharper.
  3. My movement during front crosses go too much in the wrong direction and too much sidemovement instead of getting the correct movement towards the next obstacle.
The last few days we've trained some more on courses and just having fun. The below videos are from our last two trainings. The first one is a Class 2 course which we had great fun with.

This video is a partial from a front cross training course I got from my external trainer, Seppo Savikko. It's a front cross course from a different world, and the "bad" thing: this was only the first eleven obstacles. Obstacle #12 is only put like that to get a natural end to the course.

But as you can read from below, even though you fall, you pick yourself up and keep moving forward!!
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam 

So now we will have one last competition in June, to see where and what we need to focus on for the summerbreak. It's going to be a good experience :)
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. - Albert Einstein

Tommy & Leija

1 kommentar: