fredag 20. september 2013

The Formula For Success

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. - Vince Lombardi

What is the formula for success? Sometimes people will ask you; "What have you done to get where you are today?". Is success a mindset or a journey? Or how do one define success?

It's difficult to put a definition on success. I would say it's easier to define a journey, but can't you say success is a journey as well?
In my mind, the entire concept of success is a journey. There is no specific finish line when I think of success, as it is a matter of goals. You set your goals and then if you reach them, you have success.

How can a person keep having a success if you set only one goal?

I would think the best way to do this, is to break down the word itself; SUCCESS:
So, lets try and hopefully I can shed some light on my understanding of success.
 
See Your Goal:
In all training you do, there is always one or more goals that you want to reach. One of the first things to remember when setting a goal, is to be smart about it. Set goals that are S.M.A.R.T:
There is no point in setting goals that are unrealistic both in achievement and time. Get a full understanding of what your goal is, and work towards it systematically.
 
Understand The Obstacles:
 
How one person see a challenge or a problem, is most of the time different from what other people see. For example, when people look at my running, they might say that I need to focus on tighter turns, better control and maybe decrease the speed to ease my handling to make control easier.
 
But I see different obstacles; How can I get control without losing speed? Do I want to sacrifice the speed in a turn for tighter turns?
 
My point is that some challenges can be the same, but people's perception of it might be totally different.
 
Wouldn't it be nice if every situation that was difficult, came with a warning? Or that dogs were sold with a big notification that it might be hard?
 
Create A Positive Mental Picture:
The first or most important thing when you want to do something, anything really, is to say: Yes, I can do this!
There is no point in doing alot of work on something you deep down don't believe will work in the end. Once you get you mind and focus on the positive things, everything seems brighter.
 
Clear Your Mind Of Self Doubt:
Like I mention above, there is no point in setting goals when you deep down don't believe you can reach them yourself.
 Are you good enough? If you always question yourself and never try, you never just go for it, how will you know? The worst that can happen, is that you find out that you need more practise.
 
Embrace The Challenge:
Is it difficult? Do you find elements that is challenging? Is the course not the way you are used to handling? BRING IT ON!!! - is my motto there.... I will do my best to work with it. If I fail, I fail. Then I have something I can strive to finish.
 
Stay On Track:
Remember your goals!! That is the most important thing on this point, in my eyes, just keep remembering your goals.
As long as you keep to this, you will stay on track towards success.
 
Show The World You Can Do It:
When you get it to work, people will start to notice you. You will succeed in courses, your training method will start to pay off and people will respect your journey.
 
This was my thoughts on the formula on success.. So who knows, maybe it will work for you, maybe it won't. But what have you got to lose?
 
Tommy, Leija & Niili


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar